Since it is Thanksgiving, I wanted to list the things I am thankful for. 🙂 This past week’s message was on being thankful and Pastor Patrick reminded me of so many things I should be thankful for.
1. my salvation– God’s free gift to us that can never be taken away.
2. the Bible– God refreshes my soul through His word of truth.
3. alex– the love of my life and my best friend who never seems to fail at making me laugh. He also reminds me of eternal life ahead of us and helps me to tackle our present challenges with a good attitude.
4. nathaniel– for his cute face and ability to entertain himself. He brings such a big joy in our lives despite of his bad temper tantrums.
5. eliana– for sustaining her life through multiple surgeries and hospital admission. I’m also thankful that He has spared her happy personality through the tough days. She is a very smiley baby. She is a perfect baby for our family. God truly knows what is best for us. 🙂
6. alex’s schedule– he gets every other week off, which then allows all of us to make family trips to the doctor’s office multiple times a week for ana.
7. friends who are free during the day– when alex has work every other week, friends are there to either babysit nathaniel or come with me to the doctor’s appointments!
8. our parents– we truly have great parents who fear God and love Him. They have been very supportive and encouraging throughout this past year and always keep us in their prayers! 🙂
9. the church family– we love our church (Lighthouse Bible Church). This year would have been tremendously more difficult without this loving body of family. May God be continually preached and magnified through us all!
10. small groups– both singles accountability group and the married group have been a huge blessing this year. Praise God that we have sisters who can pray for our weaknesses and keep us accountable.
11. our health insurance– ana gets good insurance through alex. I call her “a million dollar baby” because just her health care cost at the NICU for the first 7 weeks of her life came out to be more than $500,000. The insurance covered it in full. Ana is worth a good looking house and much more. 🙂
12. for the flexibility to be a housewife– I love being a housewife (not all the time but for most of the time). I am thankful that I can stay at home and take care of our beautiful two children.
13. our health– ana seems little unhealthy but other than that, others seem to be doing ok. 🙂
14. our possessions– God has entrusted so much to us to be good stewards over them. May we always seek for His wisdom to make the best use out of them.
Other than all these, I still have so much to be thankful for and I am humbled by the presence of God’s grace in every aspect of my life. Another Thanksgiving Day has come and passed by, but may our thankful attitude never be a seasonal event. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your loved ones! 🙂